OFFICE OF ACADEMIC ENGAGEMENTCougs Rise
Components Summer Programs
There are five components to the Cougs Rise Summer Programs, all working in tandem to ensure scholars’ successful transition to WSU.
- Scholars will enroll in up to four classes, including a College Transition Seminar, for a total of 6-8 uni credits. All courses count toward graduation requirements and WSU GPA. Courses are taught by professors, Cougs Rise Staff, as well as Graduate Student Instructors.
Advising and Counseling
- Scholars will have access to a network of professional advisors and counselors to assist them with a wide range of topics, including academic and social adjustment, course planning, major selection, as well research and internship opportunities.
- Scholars will be plugged into a comprehensive network of peer academic support via the Academic Success and Career Center. Moreover, they will have access to peer advising via campus partners such as Invest In Success, ATLAS, Multicultural Student Services, etc.
- Scholars will form a living and learning community in the University residential halls, allowing them to foster life-long friendships and connections. Professional and student staff live on-site to facilitate programming to further bolster their sense of belonging at WSU.
- Scholars will partake in high-impact experiential learning activities tied to their curriculum to strengthen their connection to one another and the institution. Scholars will be able to navigate their college journey by reflecting and utilizing the skills and connections developed through these activities.