OFFICE OF ACADEMIC ENGAGEMENTCougs Rise
FAQ Summer Programs
- What is the eligibility for Cougs Rise Summer Program?
- Be a current and active Cougs Rise participant.
- Coug Tracks: continuing high school student.
- Bridge Program: confirmed attendance to any WSU campus for Fall 2020.
- How is the program impacted in light of COVID-19?
- Out of an abundance of caution and concern for your health and safety, the program has decided to transition to a virtual delivery summer program experience for 2020. The decision was a difficult one to make but your safety is paramount to our program. Rest assured, whether the summer program is in person or on-line, we remain committed to providing you with consequential experiences to aid your educational endeavors!
- What classes will I partake during the summer program?
- We have teamed up with some of WSU’s premier faculty members to plan and implement engaging classes via virtual delivery. As a participant, you will get to enjoy courses in English, Business, Robotics and Chemistry. All the materials needed to participate in these classes will be provided by the program.
- What does the schedule look like during the week?
- Participating students will attend academic courses during the morning, Monday through Friday and a variety of leadership & college preparatory programs in the afternoon. You can expect to start by 9:45am and end by 4pm everyday.
- How many scholars attend the summer program?
- Between 80-120 scholars participate each summer.
- When does the summer program take place?
- Coug Tracks begins with a virtual orientation on Monday, July 6 & concludes Friday, July 17.
- The Bridge Program starts on July 19 with an online orientation and concludes Friday, July 31st.
- Can Cougs Rise cover my student orientation/matriculation fee?
- Yes, Cougs Rise will cover the student orientation/matriculation fee for the Bridge Program participants . Parents & guests must cover their own if they want to attend new student orientation.
- How are scholars with disabilities supported?
- Academic and housing accommodations are provided to meet the individual needs of each scholar. If you require any accommodations, please contact us and we will be happy to work with you.
Back to Home
Apply to the Program!
Meet Cougs Rise Students!
Refer a student!
Director – College Access and Transition Programs
The Commons, 2nd Floor