Charge of the Council:
- To adopt and share best practices that promote student retention and success at WSU.
- To facilitate cross-departmental resolution of problems that inhibit student retention and success.
- To forecast and address bottlenecks that impede student retention and success.
Process and Membership:
- The Council focuses on taking concrete actions to address specific issues.
- The Council meets regularly to ensure prompt response and issue resolution.
- The Council involves high-level representatives who ensure follow through on next steps.
Guiding Principles for Action:
- Use data to target resources and services to most critical issues.
- Experiment and scale up things that work.
- Focus on strategies that can be applied to all students.
- Provide training and coordination to empower stakeholders, improve consistency and increase effectiveness.
- Celebrate effort and success.
If you have questions, or would like to bring a matter to the attention of the Student Success Council, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.