The mission of the TEACHING ACADEMY is to provide university-wide advocacy; human capital and expertise; and resources to enable the faculty of Washington State University to involve students in transformative learning experiences.
Membership in the Academy is limited to a select number of faculty with academic responsibilities at the university who have records of sustained excellence in teaching and are recognized for innovation and scholarship in teaching and learning.
Academy leadership consists of the positions of Chair, Vice-Chair (chair-elect), Administrative Coordinator, Media Coordinator, along with Campus Leads for Vancouver, Tri-Cities, Spokane, and Everett and Standing Committee chairs for membership, policy, assessment, professional development & mentoring, and grants & awards. All positions constitute the Academy’s Coordinating Board. Leadership terms are for two years.
Leadership (Elected Positions)
- Teaching Academy Website Updates/Media and Dissemination: Clif Stratton (email@example.com
- Budget and Provost Office Contact: Karly Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- WSU Vancouver: Shameem Rakha (email@example.com)
- WSU Tri Cities: Vacant
- WSU Everett: Mark Beattie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WSU Spokane: Christine Hayes (email@example.com)
Standing Committee Chairs
- Professional Development: Vacant
- Assessment, and Mentoring: Theresa Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grants and Awards: Nicholas Cerruti (email@example.com)
- Membership: Sarah Whitley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Policy: Kate Watts (email@example.com)
- Teaching Academy Book Club: Blythe Duell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Phillip Morgan (email@example.com)
- TEACHxWSU: Kara Whitman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ashley Boyd (email@example.com)