- Washington State University faculty members are among the most productive and effective researchers on the planet. As an institution, we value and support exceptional research, innovation, and creativity, and work to align those efforts with the needs and challenges of our state, nation, and world.
- Goal 1: Increase productivity in research, innovation, and creativity to address the grand challenges and opportunities of the future.
- Goal 2: Further develop WSU’s unique strengths and opportunities for research, innovation, and creativity based on its locations and land-grant mandate to be responsive to the needs of Washington state.
- Goal 3: Advance WSU’s reach both nationally and internationally in existing and emerging areas of achievement.
- Students are the top priority at Washington State University. Faculty and staff work together to provide a transformative student experience at every level and ensure that all students have the opportunity to successfully complete their degree program.
- Goal 1: Provide an excellent teaching and learning opportunity to a larger and more diverse student population.
- Goal 2: Provide a university experience centered on student engagement, development, and success, which prepares graduates to lead and excel in a diverse United States and global society.
- Goal 3: Improve curricular and student support infrastructure to enhance access, educational quality, and student success in a growing institution.
- True to its land-grant mission, Washington State University is committed to fully engaging with institutions, communities, governments and the private sector. Partnership increases access to new knowledge and technology, and in the process, positively impacts economic vitality, education outcomes, and quality of life at the local, state, and international levels. We truly are Washington State’s university.
- Goal 1: Increase access to and breadth of WSU’s research, scholarship, creative, academic, and extension programs throughout Washington and the world.
- Goal 2: Expand and enhance WSU’s engagement with institutions, communities, governments, and the private sector.
- Goal 3: Increase WSU faculty, staff, and students’ contributions to economic vitality, educational outcomes, and quality of life at the local, state, and international levels.
- Our success hinges on being responsible and effective in all that we do, and that means embracing and leveraging a diverse community, working with impeccable integrity, and operating with openness and transparency.
- Goal 1: Create and sustain a university community that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable.
- Goal 2: Cultivate a system-wide culture of organizational integrity, effectiveness, and openness that facilitates pursuit of the institution’s academic aspirations.
- Goal 3: Steward and diversify resources invested by students, the public, and private stakeholders in a responsible way to ensure economic viability of the institution.
During the transition period as Washington State University seeks its next president, it is our honor to share the role of chief academic officer. We strive to build on the momentum behind WSU’s Strategic Plan and provide excellent service to students, faculty staff, deans, and senior leadership. We are dedicated to making progress on the important initiatives in place, and moving forward with projects and plans that will further the reputation of Washington State University as one of the top land grant universities in the nation and world.
Ron Mittelhammer and Erica Austin