- Washington State University faculty members are among the most productive and effective researchers on the planet. As an institution, we value and support exceptional research, innovation, and creativity, and work to align those efforts with the needs and challenges of our state, nation, and world.
- Goal 1: Increase productivity in research, innovation, and creativity to address the grand challenges and opportunities of the future.
- Goal 2: Further develop WSU’s unique strengths and opportunities for research, innovation, and creativity based on its locations and land-grant mandate to be responsive to the needs of Washington state.
- Goal 3: Advance WSU’s reach both nationally and internationally in existing and emerging areas of achievement.
- Students are the top priority at Washington State University. Faculty and staff work together to provide a transformative student experience at every level and ensure that all students have the opportunity to successfully complete their degree program.
- Goal 1: Provide an excellent teaching and learning opportunity to a larger and more diverse student population.
- Goal 2: Provide a university experience centered on student engagement, development, and success, which prepares graduates to lead and excel in a diverse United States and global society.
- Goal 3: Improve curricular and student support infrastructure to enhance access, educational quality, and student success in a growing institution.
- True to its land-grant mission, Washington State University is committed to fully engaging with institutions, communities, governments and the private sector. Partnership increases access to new knowledge and technology, and in the process, positively impacts economic vitality, education outcomes, and quality of life at the local, state, and international levels. We truly are Washington State’s university.
- Goal 1: Increase access to and breadth of WSU’s research, scholarship, creative, academic, and extension programs throughout Washington and the world.
- Goal 2: Expand and enhance WSU’s engagement with institutions, communities, governments, and the private sector.
- Goal 3: Increase WSU faculty, staff, and students’ contributions to economic vitality, educational outcomes, and quality of life at the local, state, and international levels.
- Our success hinges on being responsible and effective in all that we do, and that means embracing and leveraging a diverse community, working with impeccable integrity, and operating with openness and transparency.
- Goal 1: Create and sustain a university community that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable.
- Goal 2: Cultivate a system-wide culture of organizational integrity, effectiveness, and openness that facilitates pursuit of the institution’s academic aspirations.
- Goal 3: Steward and diversify resources invested by students, the public, and private stakeholders in a responsible way to ensure economic viability of the institution.
As the chief academic officer for Washington State University I have the distinct privilege to work with senior leadership, deans, faculty, and staff to shape every aspect of the academic enterprise at this great institution. With a new strategic plan in place, we have a clear and compelling blueprint for the future. With a 125-year history as Washington’s land-grant research university, we have a deep, rich foundation on which to build.
As a Coug myself, I am honored to have the opportunity to serve.
News and Announcements
Seed Grant workshops this week
The Office of the Provost and the Division of Student Affairs are welcoming proposals from all faculty and staff for the 2017 Student Success Seed Grant Program.
Leading up to the April 14 proposal deadline, the Office of the Provost and the Division of Student Affairs will host two technical workshops for those interested in submitting proposals. The workshops will be held March 30 at 10 a.m. and March 31 at 3 p.m., in CUE 518. Please contact Angela Merrill to RSVP for either workshop.
The Seed Grant program is designed to support the development, replication, and dissemination of innovative solutions that address widespread … » More …Read Story
Grad Cougs get a leg up through PDI
Life as a graduate student can be singularly focused on developing specialized expertise. A new program is helping broaden perspectives for Cougar grad students often while providing useful resources for faculty as well.
Washington State University’s Professional Development Initiative brings the long view into sight with skill development, advice, and anecdotes on life after grad school.
“We want our students to be better students, but we also want them to be looking at their futures as well,” says Lisa Gloss, associate dean in the Graduate School. “How they succeed after grad school is a direct reflection on WSU.”
An ongoing series of workshops addresses a … » More …Read Story
Student Success Seed Grant Program proposals welcomed
The Office of the Provost and the Division of Student Affairs are pleased to welcome proposals for the 2017 Student Success Seed Grant Program.
All faculty and staff are eligible to submit proposals for the program, which is designed to support the development, replication, and dissemination of innovative solutions that address widespread challenges in postsecondary education for students who are at risk for not completing an undergraduate degree. A specific focus of the program is to improve student persistence and completion outcomes at Washington State University. Successful proposals for Student Success Seed Grants will demonstrate a clear plan for securing subsequent major external funding to … » More …Read Story
In appreciation of our faculty
WSU has a tremendous faculty, dedicated to making our university the best that it can be. This is a fact that we should not take for granted. President Schulz has frequently noted this quality when he talks about WSU’s “can-do” spirit, and our nimbleness in embracing challenging projects such as the launch of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine and the INTO partnership.
Over the past couple of years, we have augmented our efforts to recognize the outstanding work and accomplishments of our faculty with new awards and recognition events.
One of the new recognitions is the Featured Faculty member at Cougar football and basketball … » More …Read Story