National Day of Racial Healing
- Acknowledge that racial healing is a process that is unique to individuals.
- Understand that building self-awareness about race and racism will produce discomfort, and that discomfort is fundamental to achieving racial equity.
KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION & EXPLORATION
- Recognize that racism impacts all people adversely, but not equally.
- Understand that racism operates both systemically and interpersonally, psychologically and physiologically, as well as materially.
APPLICATION & INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION OF KNOWLEDGE
- Feel empowered to continue to interrogate racism and practice collective racial healing, both within and beyond the WSU community.
- Communicate self-awareness and knowledge of systemic racism to encourage conversation, accountability, and communal learning in relation to those around them.