Facility space assignment determines which university entity coordinates and manages the use of teaching spaces. The individual room assignment may be at the university level for general use spaces or at the college level for discipline-specific spaces. A scheduled-spaces chart depicts this visually.
General University Classrooms
The 125 General University Classrooms (GUCs) in Pullman are located in 28 buildings across campus. Coordination includes equipping, furnishing, renovating, short- and long-range planning, and state reporting of classroom usage. It also includes responding to classroom issues that cannot be resolved as routine service calls.
- To schedule an Academic course: Contact your Departmental Scheduling Coordinator to submit a request to the Office of the Registrar, c/o Melissa Wing, Academic Room Scheduling Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-335-9507.
- To schedule a room for one-time events: Go to the website of the WSU Scheduling Office and log in using your WSU network ID.
- For Credit Bearing Event Requests: Contact Melissa Wing, Academic Room Scheduling Coordinator, Office of the Registrar, at email@example.com, 509-335-9507.
- For Non-Credit Bearing Event Requests: Contact the WSU Scheduling Office firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-335-9444.
- To view current room use and availability: Look on-line and explore the Webviewer.
- To view Pullman current week and next week Room Use Reports: Look online and view Room Use reports.
Departmental Classrooms and Labs
In contrast to GUCs, individual colleges do the coordinating, furnishing, and scheduling of assigned spaces designated as departmental classrooms and teaching laboratories. Some of these spaces are highly specialized for a specific discipline and often not available for scheduling outside the department or college. There are about 85 departmental classrooms of which about 66 rooms are associated with credit-bearing courses. There are about 160 teaching laboratories of which about 100 were reported with student lab hours.
Contact each college for information on use of college-assigned spaces.
- Each WSU urban campus does the same type of coordinating for the teaching spaces at their respective sites.
- Contact the urban campus for information or scheduling options.
- To view Spokane, TriCities, and Vancouver current week and next week Room Use Reports: Look online and view Room Use reports.