Getting started with affordable learning materials
How can instructors begin using affordable learning materials in the classroom?
Before the semester
- Engage the Bookie, or email to email@example.com to discuss low-cost options for your course.
- Check out the resources available at WSU Libraries.
- Explore applying for an Affordable Learning Grant. Applications are closed for 2020, but typically open early in the spring semester each year.
During the semester
- Let your students know about any low-cost textbook options (older editions, online options, etc.) for your course.
- Check the campus calendar for workshops on open educational resources (OER) and textbook alternatives.
- Submit your textbook orders to the Bookie as soon as possible for next semester, to allow students to receive the maximum buy-back price at the conclusion of the semester.
After the semester
Why Open Educational Resources?