The LAUNCH program facilitates students’ early connection with, and involvement in, high-impact learning opportunities (e.g., research, outreach, global education, creative activity, internships, intellectual competitions, etc.). It does so using a peer-mentoring model in which students already involved in experiential learning mentor students participating in program workshops. In this manner, LAUNCH provides opportunities for personal growth and skills development for both peer mentors and students participating in the program.
For students engaged in the program, LAUNCH facilitates:
- Early awareness of the diverse experiential learning opportunities.
- Appreciation for the value of participating in experiential learning opportunities while at WSU.
- Alignment of personal values and experiential learning opportunities in a manner that strengthens skills development and personal growth.
- Development of a personal action plan for locating, assessing, and securing an experiential learning opportunity.
For students serving as peer mentors, LAUNCH facilitates development in:
- Mentoring and teaching
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Communication skills
- Planning and time-management