Award for Outstanding Publication in the Scholarship of Teaching in Higher Education
This annual award is presented to a WSU faculty member or members to recognize an outstanding publication in the scholarship of teaching in higher education.
Applications for the current award cycle will open January 1, 2024 and are due March 22, 2024. See link to online application form below.
Criteria for Eligibility
This award is open to any WSU faculty member at any rank (career-track or tenured/ tenure-track) who published a peer-reviewed article within the scope of teaching and learning in higher education with a publication date during one of the two previous calendar years (2022 or 2023).
- The publication may be either an article or a chapter. No “online ahead” or “in press” manuscripts will be accepted.
- The focus may be conceptual, theoretical, practical, or empirical.
- The work may be single- or co-authored.
- Faculty from any discipline are eligible.
The author(s) of the winning publication will receive a single award of $500.
Application & Review Process
- Applications will open January 1, 2024 and are due March 22, 2024.
- Complete the application form and click “submit.” *Submitting the application form indicates that you have read the above Criteria for Eligibility and agree to them.
- Information solicited in the application form:
- Applicant contact and WSU demographic information
- A complete citation for the manuscript
- A 500-word maximum reflection from the author(s) on the manuscript that specifically addresses the following:
- Impact and quality of the publication outlet
- Innovation and/or originality of the scholarship
- Potential impact beyond the authors’ discipline
- Student populations included / impacted
- The manuscript in PDF format.
- Selected members of the Teaching Academy will review applications based on the above criteria as communicated in the reflection statements and in their review of the manuscripts.