Fees and Conditions
Notice: When using a General University Classroom you hereby agree to the following “fees and use conditions.” Please be sure all users in your group are aware of and comply with these fees and conditions. Failure of your group to comply with these fees and conditions may result in denial of future requests for use of a classroom.
Fees and Use Conditions
Recognized WSU student organizations and groups associated with academic departments may schedule time in General University Classrooms outside of scheduled courses or evening exams at no charge under the following conditions:
1) Food and drink in University classrooms is discouraged. However, if individuals bring in food and drink, they agree to clean up and remove all the food and drink-related trash and messes when they leave and deposit in the outside building dumpsters, i.e. “Pack it in, pack it out.” Custodial staff is limited and make only one stop in the classrooms per evening and cannot return to clean up after evening events. Please be responsible and considerate of custodial staff and the students and faculty who arrive to use the classrooms the following morning. This is particularly important on weekends because there is no weekend custodial crew and people attending Monday morning classes deserve a clean classroom.
2) Use of University classrooms requires that groups electing to rearrange furniture, return the furniture to the standard layouts posted under plexiglass on the walls near the light switches before they leave. Some classrooms with specialized furniture will not hold the assigned number of students unless the furniture is in the posted format. Subsequent users cannot be expected to rearrange furniture in their assigned classroom in the time before classes arrive.
3) Storage is not available in the building for materials your event requires.
4) Access: You will be allowed access to the space you reserved only during building hours and then only during the times indicated in your reservation. i.e. during the “pre-event,” “event,” and “post-event” times.
5) Damages or Cleanup: You will be responsible for any loss or damages to the classroom facility or contents including damage to classroom equipment or furniture. In addition, if extra cleaning is required, the individuals or group will be assessed the standard rate of $54.00 per hour for cleaning plus the cost of materials/supplies.
Questions about these conditions for General University Classrooms use may be directed to the General University Classroom Committee Chairperson.