Getting started with affordable learning materials
How can instructors begin using affordable learning materials in the classroom?
Before the semester
During the semester
- Let your students know about any low-cost textbook options (older editions, online options, etc.) for your course.
- Check the campus calendar for workshops on open educational resources (OER) and textbook alternatives.
- Submit your textbook orders to the Bookie as soon as possible for next semester, to allow students to receive the maximum buy-back price at the conclusion of the semester.
After the semester
- Consider using OER or other textbook alternatives next semester.
- Talk to colleagues about their experiences using OER, or read about more OER experiences of colleagues.
Why Open Education Resources?