Like budgets, space is a limited resource.
For the Pullman campus, the General University Classrooms (GUC) Committee strives to balance the need for flexibility and maintain the right mix of teaching spaces, given the requests by colleges for alternate uses for those rooms.
At the state level, the Higher Education Coordinating Board sets utilization targets for teaching, laboratory, and faculty office space, and periodically monitors usage. The State Legislature and Governor’s Office now include a factor for how well campus space is used in the scoring of WSU’s biennial capital budget requests.
The overview describes Fall 2015 utilization and reports progress toward the HECB standard.
- Pullman: Fall Semester 2015 Overview (PDF)
- Pullman: Most/Least Utilized (PDF)
- Pullman: Section Count History Graph (PDF)
- Pullman: Capacity Statistics & Graphs (PDF)
- Spokane: Capacity Statistics & Graphs (PDF)
- TriCities: Capacity Statistics & Graphs (PDF)
- Vancouver: Capacity Statistics & Graphs (PDF)